Page Content - Quickly Jump to Interesting Part
- Best Flea Treatment For Cats
- A Good Kitten Flea Treatment
- Can People Get Fleas
- Get Yourself A Flea Spray For House
- How To Kill Fleas in Carpet
- Get Rid Of Fleas in Bed
- Being Flea Free Is Not That Hard
Don’t Let Fleas Get To Your Cat
If you don’t know already, cats are as likely to get fleas, as dogs are and this is why, we want to tell you a bit more, about how to get rid of fleas on cats.
Sometimes, this might be a very hard task to complete, but if you follow some of the tips below, both you and your cat, will be flea free in no time at all.
Learn How To Get Rid of Fleas on Cats
As you can probably imagine, there are many commercial products out there, which claim that they will get rid of fleas on your cat almost instantly. While some of these do work, others don’t and some of them, can be really expensive.
- Natural flea removal
- Chemical or commercial flea removal
Both of these methods work, but using one or the other, will depend on your beliefs, how you treat your cat, how much you want to spend, how much free time you have, among other things.
It is really up to you, for deciding which is the best method to clean your cat and get rid of all the fleas it might have, but being informed about the different products and techniques, will certainly help you to make a smarter decision.
Best Flea Treatment For Cats
Like we mentioned above, there are different treatments and methods for getting rid of fleas on cats, but many experts are now claiming that it is best to use a natural flea deterrent or treatment on your cat, as this is less dangerous and it works very well too.
Here Are Five Natural Flea Treatments For Cats
- Soapy water flea trap – Fleas are not very smart and they are attracted to light. By simply placing a small bowl with water beside your cat and putting a light on it, when it is dark, fleas will start jumping out of your cat and into the water, where they will drown. Using hot water and a warm light, is recommended, as fleas are also attracted to warm temperatures.
- Use Biological Warfare – This basically means adding microorganisms or other small creatures, which can attack fleas and get rid of them, without harming your cat, yourself or your household. This may sound scary, but it is one of the best flea treatment for cats.
- E Shampoo – This shampoo is made out of a powder, which comes from the remains of some fossilized algae and shells. It is very effective for deterring fleas and it is also a natural treatment for getting rid of these pesky insects.
- Spray or bathe your cat with apple cider vinegar – Believe it or not, fleas do not like apple cider vinegar and this spraying or bathing your cats with this, is an excellent natural treatment against fleas.
- Use a flea comb – By adding some lemon juice to a regular cat comb, you can deter fleas naturally, as these do not like the scent of lemon and it will keep them away for good. This will also make your cat smell lemony fresh!
A Good Kitten Flea Treatment
According to Pets Adviser, “the worst things you can do is nothing!”. Not helping your kitten when you suspect it has fleas, is a very harsh thing to do and this is why you should find a treatment that works for your cat.
You should be aware, that using some commercial or chemical flea removal products, can affect your young kitten’s health. Most of these include some kind of poison and since your kitten is still small, these could affect its skin or even worse, some internal organs.
A good kitten flea treatment is to:
- Bathe your kitten with not too warm water, (unless it is very cold) and use a natural product, to try and get rid of as many fleas as possible.
- With the kitten’s hair still wet, use a comb and try to brush as many fleas off as possible.
- While your kitten’s hair is still wet, you can try and use some tweezers, to find fleas and get them off your lovely kitten.
Always remember to be very careful with your kitten, as it is still very young and his muscles, bones and entire body, are not as tough, as that of an older cat.
Can People Get Fleas
There are many theories about whether people can get fleas or not, but the reality is that we can.
According to Pet Carer X “Unfortunately, people can get fleas. In the end, fleas are blood sucking insects and humans are warm blooded mammals, just like your cat and dog.”
This means that we have to be extra careful, when we own pets, as their fleas could affect someone in our family as well and this is very dangerous for our health.
Flea Diseases in Humans
As we mentioned above, the answer to the question, can people get fleas? is true. People can get fleas and some of the diseases that these insects transmit, can be very dangerous and even cause our death. These are some of the fleas diseases in humans.
- Murine Typhus
- Rural Epidemic Typhus
These are all serious diseases as mentioned above and this is why we must do everything we can to get rid of fleas on our cats, our households and ourselves.
Get Yourself A Flea Spray For House
Thankfully, there are now many ways for getting rid of ticks that live on our cats or in our homes. One of these ways, is to use a flea spray for house environments, which usually works great and helps to get rid of fleas,once and for all.
You can also find commercial flea spray brands out there or you can make your own, from natural or common household items. Both of these work great for keeping these blood sucking insects out of your home and you only have to spray them around.
By simply getting the spray on the floor below your doors, on your porch, your backyard entrance and in other places, you will be effectively getting rid of fleas and preventing them from getting on your cat or yourself too.
A Simple Homemade Flea Spray
Get a water bottle, with a sprayer as a cap and mix some vinegar with water. You can then spray this on your pet and use it as a flea spray for your cat or spray it around your house, to use it as a flea spray for your home.
Fleas really hate the smell of vinegar and this homemade flea spray recipe, is sure to keep them away.
A YouTube Video Teaching About Homemade Flea Spray
Tail Waggers TV, is a YouTube channel, lead by a girl named Jessica, which is all about taking care of pets and making your home better for living with pets.
One of her videos, teaches us exactly how to make a homemade flea spray, which can be used on your cat, dog or around your home.
After you watch it, you will know more about fleas, more about how to take care of your pets and how you can get rid of fleas once and for all. So don’t forget to watch it and learn some interesting things.
How To Kill Fleas in Carpet
As we already mentioned, fleas cannot only affect our pets, but they can also affect us and they can surely infest our homes. Fleas are so small that it is almost impossible for us to see them clearly. Our homes could have tons of fleas and we could take a while to notice them.
This is why it is a good idea to keep your pets clean at all times, to clean your home and to use as many flea deterrents as possible. Being prepared will never be a bad thing and it can only lead to living a flea free life.
Our home’s carpets, are very susceptible to getting infested by fleas, as they usually lay on the floor, they are located at the entrance to our homes or this is where most of our pets spend their days at.
This means that we must focus on having our home’s carpets clean at all times, as this is one of the preferred places for fleas to live in. Not only are carpets located at places where fleas can get at easily, but they also look and feel like our pets furs.
There are several ways to kill fleas in carpet environments and these include:
- Washing and using a dryer to clean our carpets regularly
- Using chemical or commercial product brands to clean carpets on a regular basis
- Use natural or homemade products to clean our home’s carpets
- Use a vacuum to suck up all possible fleas and dirt in our carpets
All of these methods work great, but a combination of them, will surely yield better results. It is not hard to keep our carpets free of fleas, but it does require some work and some consistency.
The longer that you take to clean your carpets, the longer the time that fleas will have to make a home out of them. So make sure you do some of the things mentioned above and get rid of all the fleas that might be making a home out of your carpet.
Get Rid Of Fleas in Bed
Believe it or not, it is also a possibility for fleas to infest your bed and this is especially true, if your cat spends some time laying on your bed every day. Most of us, allow our cats to roam our homes free and this means that they can get fleas on almost every place.
Cats can easily jump on top of furniture and thus our beds, could easily get infested with fleas. Thankfully, there are also many ways for preventing this from happening and it is one of the things you must do, if you own a cat and let it roam around your home, freely.
Some of the things that you can do to get rid of fleas in bed are:
- Change, wash and dry your bed sheets regularly.
- Don’t let your cat get on your bed or enter your bedroom.
- Use lemon or vinegar spray, to protect your bed sheets.
- Spray your bedroom with an anti flea spray as regularly as possible
- Vacuum your bedroom and bed regularly
Having a flea infested bed or bedroom, is not only a hazard to your health, but it can also be very uncomfortable, as fleas could start biting you and making your body itch all over. Having fleas inside your bedroom or on your bed, can also keep you from resting properly.
The simplest way to prevent your bed from becoming infested with fleas, is to simply stop your cat or pets from entering your bedroom. This can easily be done by closing your bedroom door at all times or not allowing your cat to reach your bedroom otherwise.
Being Flea Free Is Not That Hard
As you can see, keeping your cat and home flea free, is not that hard and there are plenty of ways for achieving this. Whether you choose a commercial or natural method and decide to do the job yourself or take your cat to the vet, there is always something that you can do.
Preventing fleas from infesting your cat’s fur and then your home, is vital towards leading a healthy life as a cat owner and this is something that you must know, if you want to own one or more cats.
Remember that cats have feelings too and they can certainly feel when they are being bitten by fleas. If they get a flea borne disease, they will also suffer a lot and this is why we must do all that we can, so that we don’t reach that scenario.