Page Content - Quickly Jump to Interesting Part
If you are thinking about getting a dog, you must really think about a few things, as choosing the right kind of dog, is very important and this will determine your future with it. So if you want to have a dog that you will always love, keep reading and learn more about dogs.
Whether you want someone to play with, someone to guard your home or someone to have some fun with, a dog will become one of your best friends and it will always love you. As long as you treat your dog with respect, feed it and play with it, your dog will love you forever.
Today, we want to tell you a little more about how to choose a dog and do it right. As you may already know, there are many different kinds of dogs and breeds out there. This means that each of them is unique and that they will act differently, because of their genes.
So if you want to know how to choose a dog for you, your family or a friend, it is important to know more about each breed, as well as coming up with a plan, for what you expect your dog to do and the things that you would love to do with it.
How To Choose A Dog Breed
As we mentioned above, there are many different kinds of dogs and there are also many dog breeds out there. Having a plan and knowing more about the dog breeds that you like, will certainly help you to make a wiser decision, when you are trying to find a new dog.
If you want to successfully learn how to choose a dog breed, you should first create a list of what dog breeds you like and then try to learn as much as possible about those specific dog breeds. This will make your decision simpler and you will get a dog that you really love.
You should know that there are dogs that are better for inside your house and other dogs, which will only be able to live in large outdoor spaces. Some dogs are a lot more active than others and this varies depending their breeds.
There are also many dog breeds, which are useful for specific hobbies, activities or work and this is something that you need to think about before you decide which dog breed is the best for you.
Some dogs love to bark, others love to rest, some love to run around all day and some will follow you wherever you go. Choosing a dog breed, is one of the most important steps in choosing a dog and this is why you must get informed about dog breeds first.
Dogtime, explains a lot more about the different dog breeds that you can choose from and they even have a free online quiz, which you can answer, to learn which dog breeds would be best for you.
Some of the dogs breed characteristics that you should consider before actually choosing a dog, include:
- Adapt well to living in small spaces
- Care for the entire family
- How much fur they shed
- Friendliness with other dogs
- How much they drool
- Grooming and caring ease
- Training is easier
- Energy levels
- Do they need to exercise
- Friendliness with strangers
- Health in general
- Easy for beginner owners
- How smart they are
- Friendliness with kids
All of these traits or characteristics, are very distinct in each dog breed, so it shouldn’t be too difficult for you to decide, which dog you want, after you have learned more about each dog breed out there.
Most Popular Dog Breeds
According to the American Kennel Club, the most popular dog breeds in América, include:
- Labrador Retrievers – These are large dogs, which can reach weights of 55 to 80 lb, depending on whether they are male or female. Their temperament has been described as pleasant and kind.
- German Shepherds – This dog breed originated in Germany and they are a large working dog. Their main function is to herd sheep, but they are also used as guard dogs sometimes.
- Golden Retrievers – This is also a large dog, which was bred to fetch fowl for hunters. These dogs, need to exercise a lot and they also have lots of energies. Golden Retrievers do not bite very hard, as they were bred for fetching.
- Bulldogs – These are a medium sized dog breed and there are several types. You can find the American Bulldog, the Olde English Bulldog, and the French Bulldog. These dogs are courageous, but they are also very calm.
- Beagles – This is a small to medium dog breed and they were bred to be scent hounds. Beagles are very gentle and they are always ready to play. Beagles are also very smart and they can easily learn amazing tricks.
How To Choose The Right Dog
As you can see, there are many different things that will affect whether you have chosen the right dog or not. It is important to make the right choice from the beginning because keeping a dog that does not adjust to your lifestyle, can be a hard thing to carry over your shoulder.
In order for you to know how to choose the right dog, you must analyze as many of your favorite dog breeds as possible and consider almost every scenario. Before you make a decision, make sure that you are willing to follow all the recommendations for each breed.
If you believe that you can properly take care of a certain dog breed and that its characteristics are suitable for your lifestyle, it is very likely that you will love owning that kind of dog. Owning a dog is wonderful, you just have to find the best dog breed for you!
How To Choose A Puppy For Your Kids
You must always remember that puppies will not stay that age forever, which means that they will grow in size, do a lot more things, eat a whole lot more and much more. It is important to consider all this because you don’t want your puppies getting out of hand, when they grow.
As said above, you need to choose a dog breed, depending on your own personal likings and if you want one for your kids, you should definitely consider them in the decision-making process. This will not only make them feel good, but they will learn about responsibilities too.
According to Cesar’s Way, when choosing a dog for your kids, you should consider the following things:
- Lifestyle – What will you be able to provide for your dog
- Living Situation – Where do you live? Is there enough space?
- Caring and grooming – Who will be in charge of bathing and grooming the puppy?
- Affordability – Parents must consider how much to spend on a puppy for their kids and if they should adopt or buy one.
- Temperament – What kind of puppy do you think will be the best friend for your kids?
It is important to find out, how much care and grooming each type of dog breed requires, as this can sometimes be overwhelming for some kids and they may not be ready for such responsibilities.
Considering the amount of food that a young puppy will eat during its first years and then during its adult life, is also an important part of this decision process, as it will affect a family’s economy and sometimes kids need to learn about what dogs can eat and what they cannot.
Adopting or Buying a Dog
Getting a new dog can either be very expensive or it may even be free. There are many ways to find a good dog and some of them include:
- adoption – There are certainly many dogs out there, which could use a loving home and family. So adoption should be into your considerations, as it can save you tons of money and give you the pleasure of saving a living creature.
- purchasing – This is one of the most common ways to get a puppy, as many people feel it is the only way to really own a puppy of your own. If you are buying a puppy, make sure the price is right and that you are not overpaying.
- getting it as a gift – This happens all of the time, there are many dog owners, who have dog couples and who have puppies all of the time. Sometimes, they cannot take care of all of them, so they will give away some for free. Maybe a friend or family member can also give your family a puppy.
No matter how you get a new puppy for your kids, just make sure that it is a dog that the entire family will enjoy having around. This will make it a lot easier on everyone! Most kids will enjoy a playful puppy and this is something that you should keep in mind.
Some puppies will even grow very fond of your kids and will become their companions for life. There are many stories of puppies and dogs saving kids, so this should also be into consideration when you choose a dog, because some breeds are better at this.
There are also some dog breeds, like chihuahuas and pomeranians, which do not grow to a very large size when they are adults and this means that your children can easily play with them at any time. These are very nice dog breeds and they are also very popular.
Some Interesting Videos For Choosing A Dog
We have mentioned, the importance of getting to know as much as dog breeds, in order to choose the right dog for you and the family. Sometimes, the best way to learn about this, is to watch some videos and see how some dog breeds react and play.
The following are some videos that we found in YouTube, which were created by people who are not related to this article, but we believe that they are very helpful and this is why we want to share them with you.
This video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7mH0IoSlqQ will tell you more about the choosing a dog breed process and how you can make the right decision. Some of the tips that Faris talks about in her video, are very useful and will surely help you a lot.
In this next video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCN3rCzoUK8 you can learn more about the ten most popular dog breeds for kids. These were chosen by their size as adults, how much they like kids and their temper.
In this video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAZPjHblJ64 you will be able to know more about the ten most popular dog breeds, according to the AKC. This video provides some very useful information about each dog breed and it will certainly help you to make a decision.
Most Dog Breeds WIll Be A Good Choice
If you are already considering getting a dog, you must be a person who likes animals and this means that you will most likely be comfortable with most dog breeds. Although there are many things that you need to consider, all dogs will be loyal and become your best friend.
Just make sure that you think about all of the dog breeds that you would love living with and what your own personal lifestyle is. Even if there is plenty of information about choosing the right dog for you, this is not as difficult as you might first think.
Remember that dogs are very smart and loving creatures, which means that as long as you take good care of them, they will stay loyal forever and will be a great companion at all times. They can provide a sense of security, safety and comfortness, like no other pets can.
Dogs are perfect for any household and if you choose a dog breed that fits with your lifestyle, you will enjoy them even more!